Wednesday 14 September 2011

Why One Should Pray?


I got up early one morning and rushed right into the day;
I had so much to accomplish that I didn't have time to pray.
***

Problems just tumbled about me,
and heavier came each task,

"Why doesn't God help me?" I wondered.
He answered, "You didn't ask."

***
I wanted to see joy and beauty,
but the day toiled on gray and bleak;

I wondered why God didn't show me;
He said, "But you didn't seek."

***
I tried to come into God's presence;
I used all my keys at the lock;

God gently and lovingly chided,
"My child you didn't knock."

***
I woke up early this morning,
and paused before entering the day;

I had so much to accomplish that I had to take time to pray.
 
Author Grace L. Naessens
Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© callmekristine | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig