Sunday 15 January 2012

DIGI-PERM HATS OFF - GOODBYE SIMON KIM

Me and my friends were scouting for a trusted digiperm salon within Makati. Since my first digiperm saga was splendid, I told them candidly that we should go to Simon Kim. Though he has some tough-love touch (aka mabigat ang kamay), me and my friend's first digiperm experience was by far good and affordable. We have been hearing rumors that their salon in Makati has been closed.
With Mr. Simon Kim (+)
Yet, it was only now that I verified that yes, the Salon in Makati has been closed since September and to my surprise, Simon Kim was dead. 

Flashback March 2011, I recall some nice things that transpired during our first and last meeting. When doing my hair he shared that he has been losing weight (thanks to the gym and some tea), he told me that he has been having heart problems but on his way to recovery.

Then one of his assistants jokingly teased him "eh Sir, ang lakas mo nga manigarilyo eh" [you're smoking a lot]. He just shrugged it off and told me how he want to lose a few more weight.

He also shared to me that though living in Manila for quite some time, but he can't speak a straight Tagalog. That he also has 2 daughters and he's kinda protective of them. When we are done, he picked his camera and asked that we take pictures together. He does that to all of his clients. Some kind of badge for him.         

Thank you Mr. Simon Kim! You will be missed by so many bellas out there. 


My First Digiperm at Simon Kim Salon

Don't ever save anything for a special occasion.  Being alive is the special occasion.  ~Author Unknown
Share:

10 comments

  1. omg! how did you know? this is so sad. made me cry, seriously. went to his place today to get another perm only to find out the that place where the salon used to be is now a medical clinic of some sort. :( got my first digi perm from him and i never felt so good because of my hair after getting one! rest in peace, simon. :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The info came from a friend and yes... it's true. We will surely miss him :(

      Delete
  2. I feel sad that I didnt know he passed away. he was the first ever stylist who did my perms and i really love it! i was planning to go back and have it redone pa naman..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Same here. We almost went to his parlor to have our hair permed but we got this info that he passed away. Bless his soul. =(

      Delete
    2. I've had the best digiperm from him twice. This is so sad =( I was searching the net for his number and I found out he already passed away. I remember going there the first time with my hubby and my son, he is so sweet giving my son chocolates and banana and play with his cute daughter. God Bless Him, I know he's a good person. -Cindy

      Delete
    3. Hi Cindy. He's really nice... My first digiperm experience was with him too and he's super friendly and very accommodating. We'll miss him more. Thanks for dropping by and leaving a comment. I really appreciate it :)

      Delete
  3. :'( After years of pondering to get a digiperm, he passes away :( Rest in Peace :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He will surely be missed. Such a quiet and nice man.

      Delete
  4. He's so nice spilling about personal stuffs to his clients, there are too few of 'em. :(

    Your first digiperm looks scary Miss K. :/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your hair here Miss K! :)

    ReplyDelete

© callmekristine | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig