Friday 27 December 2013

CMK READS : BOOKS I HAVE READ (2013)

Knowledge and Kikay Kits are not mutually exclusive. You can choose one PLUS the other. One of the greatest misconceptions I've heard time and again is that if you're into beauty stuff, your brain is as empty as a drum. Honk! Not true. In much the same way, it's terrible to assume that if a woman loves books, she can be Mia (before her transformation) in Princess Diaries. Bottom line: It's never good to judge.

2013 has been quite a reading year for me. These books are the ones I've read in my free time. Some may relate, some may not - but that's okay. Diversity is a wonderful thing! Click on the respective book titles for my thoughts and reviews.

1. 8 Secrets of the Truly Rich by Bo Sanchez
December 2012 was the time I am contemplating on how to better my finances. It's when I've realized that it's not good to yank 100% of my savings into the bank. That inflation will depreciate their value. But - how to get started? I've chanced upon this book and after reading, I've acted upon one crucial decision, to invest in stock market. Get started HERE.

2. Rich for Life by Dennis Sy
Lest you think that all these books are about money, RICH FOR LIFE is about being balance. While acquiring wealth is important, the book HIGHLIGHTS that personal relationship with GOD, peace of mind, family life are still on top of the list. And if you're on the cross road on what to choose, this book can help you put things into proper perspective.

3. No Non Sense Personal Finance by Randell Tiongson
I'm sure you've read, heard, seen Randell. With more than a decade of financial experience under his belt, this guy is in a position to give sound advice on money matters. His book is a step by step guide on how to plan your finances. Sounds hifalutin? No worries, the book is written using an everyday language, I'm sure we can all relate.

4. Being the Best You Can Ever Be by Francis Kong
One of my most favorite authors! The book is a 50-page read, very straight to the point and sensible. It got me thinking about my career path and how to better myself in general. Surprisingly, the book tackles about CLASS. Say what? Sneak peek: Giving a tip to that lovely manicurist before you get started, that's class. Be generous. Chances are, people will love you.


5. Simple Principles to Excel at Your Job
The tidbit information found on this cute little book is so doable, it got me wondering how come I didn't thought of such before! It's so nice to be reminded on how to improve your career through simple and easy steps. Want to see a sample? Click on the book title above!

6. Protips, Refreshment for the Race by Maloi Salumbides
Ms. Maloi has written the book in a Taglish form, making the book very relate-able to all of us. It speaks about maintaining your cool amidst the rat race. And who says working is a tiring race? It can be a walk in the park! Seriously :)

7. The Best of Archie Comics (Book 2)
I got the book from MIBF 2013 at 20% off. Sure it still costs much but that kid in me won. Do you know that it was Archie who prompted me to join the writer's club? Betty, Veronica, Archie and the gang will always be a part of me. Oh childhood days!

8. 365 Words of Well-Being for Women
Now, this last book is interesting. I got them from Book Sale at Robinson's Dumaguete! For only less than a hundred peso, I already have my power words to keep me going for the next 365 days! I love the author's writing style. Very affirmative yet moving at the same time.

If you're still thinking if reading is worth your time, here's something for you. Read what you love. Read what interests you. Happy reading! -CMK




Share:

2 comments

  1. Hi Kristine, I love your blog simply because I learn from your tips regarding SAVING UP!:)
    I've been a shopaholic for a year now and this year I plan to really save what i earn and thankfully I'm doing just that:)

    My cousin, Dennis Sy, gave me his book and it really did help me with my struggles when it comes to money and how to be rich in life, glad to have read it hehe.
    More power to you and God Bless:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Kerry! :) Thank you for your kind words! You inspired me big time! :-)
      Happy New Year to you and your loved ones! ♥

      Delete

© callmekristine | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig